Vacature staat nog open
For our client, an international organisation based in Amsterdam, NL Juristen is looking for a
You are an experienced Legal Counsel who has a strong countervailing power and management capabilities. The Head Legal will be involved in the business from an early stage and you can take leadership of both the corporate and commercial legal (change) agenda. You will be leading a team of two highly dedicated and studious legal counsels, and your joint focus will be on all legal matters to prevent risks that could challenge the interests and reputation.
You will operate in close contact with the management board, providing legal advice on strategic (and ad hoc) issues and on (commercial) product development. And you will act as company secretary. You and your legal companions will be reporting to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Providing legal (risk) advice: strategic (and ad hoc) advise to the management board on all legal matters, on legal topics concerning the development of sustainable new, and the management of existing products, services and partnerships. You advise the client service teams in case of complex legal business cases and proceedings. Also you advice in legal issues of various natures and you will – depending on complexity of conflict – represent the client in legal procedures and/or manage the process.
- Corporate housekeeping: you are overall responsible to keep the in-house corporate structure and client corporate entities in good legal standing.
- Governance: maintaining and improving the governance and legal structure by means of a risk based approach and create a strong awareness of director liability risks in our daily business;
- Contract management: drafting and reviewing of legal contracts, agreements and supporting in-house development of adequate contract management. You will standardize and professionalize (legal and finance) templates / documentation for the business; resolutions, agreements, liquidation documents and annual accounts.
- Knowledge management: training of (legal) staff on legal issues, sharing pro-actively the impact of (new) laws, regulations and jurisprudence to the management.
- Stakeholder management: close collaboration at various levels; active involvement in global projects with a legal component;
- Management of the legal department, which includes two legal counsels.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Master Dutch Law.
- At least 8 - 10 years corporate legal experience. Preferably you are experienced as inhouse lawyer (law firm, notary, corporate), and have knowledge of the corporate services industry;
- A strong countervailing power;
- A strong team player who has solid leadership skills. You are able to prioritize issues and addressing them in accordingly for your team members. You are able to motivate, challenge and reflect on others;
- Sound knowledge of Wtt 2018, WFFT, GDPR;
- Excellent Dutch and English communication skills.
If you are interested in this job, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
Datum: 6 jan 2020